Welcome Earthlings and Others

Welcome to my blog. The text on this blog is original so please don't borrow it without asking me or adding an acknowledgement as to the source. Please, please, please, click the share buttons on anything as often as you like. Please, please, please leave a comment or become a follower. If you can think of an alternative caption leave it as a comment and, if I like it enough, I'll post it with a backlink to your blog. Enjoy.


Monday 12 September 2011

Royal Movements, A History Lesson


Henry the Eight never wiped his own bum. I guy called "the groom of the stool" had the job and was held in very high esteem at court because of his intimacy with the royal person.

I posted this on facebook and got this great thread. Please continue in comments if you feel like it.
  • Maureen ToyKim Davie and 2 others like this.

    • Karen Peach-Jones Wow !! Thanks for that bit of information... I shall sleep better now knowing this !! :)
      13 hours ago · 

    • Aldo Di Toro Sometimes I feel you're touched.
      13 hours ago ·  ·  2 people

    • Greg Scott Me? I just thought it was interesting. If you think you have a terrible job just think of this guy.
      13 hours ago ·  ·  1 person

    • Gillian Millar You learn something new everyday!
      13 hours ago · 

    • Lilli Russell I am the groom of my 16 month olds stools.... he thinks I'm pretty cool.
      13 hours ago ·  ·  3 people

    • Tokunbo Tonade Don't want to think of such revolting job! Yuk!! The guy ought to go see a shrink!!!
      13 hours ago · 

    • John J Gosbell The shrink correlate in Henry's time was the Jester. Now there's a role for Jack Nicholson!
      13 hours ago · 

    • Carol King Even these days Prince Charles doesn't squeeze his own toothpaste - it's done for him. Disgraceful!
      13 hours ago · 

    • Maureen Toy You are quite mad , Greg.
      12 hours ago · 

    • Maureen Toy Thats a bummer of a job.
      12 hours ago · 

    • Trix Onya my kids are going to love that one when i say it in front me their mates. Thanks
      11 hours ago · 

    • Dave Alexander the royal arse-wipe
      11 hours ago · 

    • Dave Alexander ‎'watch that finger, boy'
      11 hours ago ·  ·  1 person

    • Barbara Lankester I have just been horribly sick xx
      7 hours ago · 

    • Mike Davis So, if that guy was in charge of that department, I guess that made him the butt head !!!
      7 hours ago · 

    • John Haddock 
      “How was your day at the office dear?”
      “Well, nothing was moving this morning, a dribble of interest after elevenses, then after lunch things backed up badly resulting in a run just after afternoon tea and the whole thing blew up in my face round about five-thirty. I personally wiped half the investment off the board before closure, two or three half-chewed portfolios off the vestments and there were a fair degree of speculation on the walls.
      Talk about being up to our neck in shit.”

      about an hour ago ·  ·  2 people

    • John J Gosbell ‎@ JH is that a replay of a Federal ALP Caucus Meeting?
      about an hour ago · 

    • John Haddock Hahahahaa! lol
      24 minutes ago · 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...